On April 10th, President Obama announced his 2014 budget. Many organizations and agencies within health and human services have shared their thoughts on its potential impact.
As public health professionals, we must stay on top of these discussions and be aware of the political changes that influence the direction of our field.
Our team has collected a selection of blog posts, online articles and videos to give our OMP participants a starting point to having educated conversations amongst their colleagues and peers.
The original U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: FY 2014 President’s Budget for HHS (4/10/2013) may be a lot of material to read through. The following list will showcase some highlights related to public health:
- National Transitions of Care Coalitions: President Releases (FY) 2014 Budget (4/10/2013)
- Science Magazine’s “Most Civilians Get a Boost” (4/10/2013)
- Public Health Newswire: “Health groups express concern over White House budget cuts” (4/11/2013)
- “The Effects of President Obama’s Fiscal Year 2014 Budget on Hospitals and Health Systems” (4/12/2013)
- Association of State and Territorial Officials: FY 2014 President’s Budget Request Analysis and Summary
- Politico.com “CMS, FDA budget winners; CDC, NIH take hit” (4/11/2013)
There has been a lot of coverage on this topic. The list above is, by no means, comprehensive. If you have articles or blog posts links worth sharing with our OMP community, please email the Program Coordinator at email@example.com.