The Center for Leadership in Public Health Practice just announced an upcoming FREE webinar “Core Competencies in Public Health” hosted by Dr. Adewale Troutman, MD, MPH, CPH.
Date: March 18, 2013
Time: 10 – 11:15 a.m.
Presenter: Dr. Adewale Troutman
Registration Deadline: March 15, 2013
CLICK TO REGISTER!
Summary: The Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals are broad sets of skills that are useful in the public health field. These skills strengthen the public health workforce at all career levels and help improve performance.
Audience: This course is designed for public health workers and Florida Department of Health employees.
- Describe the Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals and identify the 8 domains.
- Learn why competencies are important in public health and how they are used.
- Find out how public health employees use Core Competency tools.
- Recognize the benefits of Core Competency training.
- Understand how public health employees can use Core Competencies in various stages of their careers.
- Find out how Florida and other states use Core Competencies in public health.
(Click on the image below to view for full screen.)
For more information, please contact Desiree Liburd, Assistant Program Director in Center for Leadership in Public Health Practice at 813-974-9070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.