The Center for Leadership in Public Health Practice is starting to offer a handful of their online courses for continuing education units to OMP participants only (another reason why it’s great to be a mentor or a mentee in this program)!
Currently, the following two (2) courses have been approved for continuing education credit by the Suwannee River Area Health Education Center (SRAHEC):
- Role of Mentorship in Public Health (1 contact hour)
- Public Health Leadership and Systems Thinking Certificate Program (3 contact hours)
However, there are plans to add more online courses to this list in the future.
Remember, applying for credits is optional. OMP participants who successfully complete these courses can apply the hours towards program criteria [PART C, Professional Development (3 hours)] regardless of whether they wish to also obtain CEUs or not.
However, if you wish to obtain CEUs, as well, then you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Complete the FPHTC Online Mentor Program, AND
- Be either a nurse, certified health education specialist, licensed mental health counselor, social worker, or marriage and family therapist, AND
- Complete one or more of the approved courses (listed above).
If you are eligible to receive these credits and have met all the criteria stated above, please click HERE to submit the CEU application form.
Please send any additional questions about OMP or CEU eligibility to the program coordinator at email@example.com.